The CPA exam can be very stressful. Be prepared on exam day, by knowing as much as possible about what to expect before you arrive at the testing site.
Candidates are encouraged to read the Candidate Bulletin. The Candidate Bulletin contains a wealth of information about the CPA exam including topics such as examination content, how to apply for the CPA exam, how to schedule the CPA exam, how the CPA exam is graded, and when candidates will receive their test scores.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to review the tutorial and sample tests provided by the AICPA. The tutorial and sample tests will give candidates the opportunity to become familiar with the CPA exam directions, format and functionality.
Candidates should also review the Testing Center Regulations Form provided by Prometric.
Here is a sample of just a few of the regulations outlined on the form:
1. You will be continuously monitored by video and physical observation. All testing sessions are recorded.
2. You must present valid (unexpired) and acceptable ID(s) in order to take your test. Note: The name on your ID must match the name you provided on your NTS.
3. You cannot bring any notes, published materials or calculators into the exam.
4. You are allowed to bring soft ear plugs or center-supplied tissues in the test room.
5. Any clothing or jewelry items allowed to be worn in the test room must remain on your person at all times. Removed clothing or jewelry items must be stored in your locker.
6. You cannot bring hats, food, drinks, purses, briefcases, notebooks, pagers, watches, cellular telephones, recording devices, and photographic equipment into the testing center. You will be asked to empty and turn your pockets inside out prior to every entry into the test room to confirm that you have no prohibited items.
- Select a testing time that works best for you. If you are not a morning person, do not schedule your exam for 8:00AM.
- Do a test run. Drive to the testing location at the same time of day that you will be taking your actual exam. Give yourself plenty of time to get to the testing center.
- If the location is a far distance from your home, stay in a hotel.
- Don’t stay up late the night before studying. Get a good night’s sleep if at all possible.
- Eat a healthy meal before the exam.
If you’d like to learn more, visit the Surgent CPA Review website.