Arizona (AZ) CPA Exam Requirements declare that you must be confirmed eligible for the examination and then licensed by the state. An individual becomes eligible for the CPA exam by meeting specific requirements that are determined by the board of accountancy for their specific jurisdiction. Below are the Arizona CPA Exam requirements:
Arizona CPA Exam Education Requirements
- Minimum Degree Required: Baccalaureate
- 150 Semester Hours Required to Sit for the Exam? No
- Must complete 24 accounting semester hours
- Including 12 hours in intermediate or advanced accounting and 18 semester hours of related courses
- To be granted certification, minimum of 36 semester hours in accounting courses, of which at least 30 are upper level and at least 30 semester hours are related courses
- It’s important to note that a candidate needs 150 hours to be granted certificate but does not need 150 to sit for exam.
Arizona CPA Exam Age Requirements
Age Minimum: 18
Arizona CPA Exam Residency Requirements:
U.S. Citizenship Required: No
Must be a resident, employee, OR have office in the state? No
- Review the exam requirements
- Submit the exam application + enroll in your Surgent CPA Review course
- Request and forward transcripts. Contact any educational institutions attended and request that transcripts be forwarded to the Arizona State Board of Public Accountancy for their evaluation. If no problems are expected with your application, it is recommended that you make plans to start your CPA Review at this time. Surgent CPA Review significantly increases your chances of passing the CPA Exam.
- Pay the exam fees. After receiving the required information, the State Board will issue your Authorization to Test (ATT) to the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA). You will receive a payment coupon for exam fees totalling $723.20, which must be paid in advance. Once fees are paid, you will receive a Notice to Schedule (NTS) which is good for six months. Since every third is non-testing, the NTS covers four testing months.
- Schedule your exam. Your NTS allows you to start scheduling your exams. You can sit for the exam parts in any sequence so you can plan your reviews to coincide with your exam scheduling. The most efficient approach is to sit for two parts in each exam window; however, exam fees paid for parts not taken are not refundable. Exam times are scheduled with Prometric and can be set up online at www.prometric.com/cpa. You can take the exam at a site in Phoenix, Tucson, or any other Prometric location that is convenient to you.
Key Exam Process Links for Arizona
Arizona CPA Exam Fees
Initial Application Fee: $100
Other fees: $50 re-examination application fee