Oregon (OR) CPA Exam Requirements state that you must be declared eligible for the exam and then licensed by the state. A candidate becomes eligible for the CPA examination by meeting specific requirements that are determined by the board of accountancy for their specific jurisdiction. Below are the various Oregon CPA Exam requirements:
Oregon CPA Exam Education Requirements
- Minimum Degree Required: Baccalaureate
- 150 Semester Hours Required to Sit for the Exam? Yes
- 24 semester hours in accounting plus 24 semester hours in accounting or in related business subjects
- Baccalaureate with 150 semester hours.
Oregon CPA Exam Age Requirements
Age Minimum: None
Oregon CPA Exam Residency Requirements
-U.S. Citizenship Required: No
-Must be a resident, employee, OR have office in the state? No
1. Review the exam requirements
2. Submit the exam application + enroll in Surgent CPA Review
3. Request and forward transcripts. After eligibility is verified, the Board will send an Authorization to Test (ATT) to the candidate and to the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) for processing through the National Candidate Database. The ATT is valid for 90 days.
4. Pay the exam fees. After the candidate application has been processed, a payment coupon will be sent to the applicant. The exam fees for all four parts will total $734.10 and are payable to the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) within a 90-day period. Once payments are received by NASBA, a Notice to Schedule (NTS) will be issued to the candidate.
5. Schedule your exam. Your NTS allows you to start scheduling your exams. You can sit for the exam parts in any sequence so you can plan your reviews to coincide with your exam scheduling. The most efficient approach is to sit for two parts in each exam window; however, exam fees paid for parts not taken are not refundable. Exam times are scheduled with Prometric and can be set up online at www.prometric.com/cpa. You can take the exam at a site in Eugene, Milwaukie, Salem, or any other Prometric location that is convenient to you.
Key Exam Process Links for Oregon
Oregon CPA Exam Fees
Initial Application Fee: $100
Other fees: $50 re-examination application fee