Surgent CPA Review College Scholarship
**Please note that the deadline for the November 2017 scholarship has passed. We are currently reviewing applications and will announce winners shortly!**
At Surgent, we understand that passing the challenging CPA exam to become a licensed accountant is a major undertaking. We’re proud of how well our CPA review course helps accounting students all over the country tackle the CPA Exam and become CPAs faster. And now we want to do even more to support aspiring CPAs out there by supporting some deserving students.
That’s why we created the Surgent CPA Review College Scholarship program. This scholarship is open to any currently-enrolled students working towards an accounting or finance major at an accredited college or university within the United States. Two winners will be chosen for this scholarship each semester. First prize will receive $1,000 and one runner-up will receive $500.
1st place: $1,000
1st Runner-up: $500
All applicants must complete the short application below, including an essay (in 1,000 words or less) that addresses the following:
- In your own words, describe the differences between management accounting and financial accounting, as well as why both are crucial to a successful business?
- Applicants must be a current student at an accredited college or university within the
- Applicants must be studying to become an accountant
- Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Applicants must submit a copy of their transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this semester’s Surgent CPA Scholarship had to be received by November 13, 2017. Winners will be notified by December 1st, 2017. Please stay tuned for future scholarship announcements.