Maryland (MD) CPA Exam Requirements state that you must be declared eligible for the exam and then licensed by the state. A candidate becomes eligible for the CPA examination by meeting specific requirements that are determined by the board of accountancy for their specific jurisdiction. Below are the various Maryland CPA Exam requirements:
Maryland CPA Exam Education Requirements
- Minimum Degree Required: Baccalaureate
- 150 Semester Hours Required to Sit for the Exam? No
- At least 27 semester hours of accounting and a minimum of 21 hours in related subjects plus 3 hours of ethics.
- Need 150 hours to be granted license but do not need 150 to sit for exam.
Maryland CPA Exam Age Requirements
Age Minimum: 18
Maryland CPA Exam Residency Requirements
-U.S. Citizenship Required: No
-Must be a resident, employee, OR have office in the state? No
1. Review the exam requirements
2. Submit the exam application + enroll in Surgent CPA Review
3. Request and forward transcripts. Contact any educational institutions attended and request that transcripts be forwarded to the State Board for their evaluation. If you do not expect any problems in processing your application it is an excellent time to start studying with Surgent CPA Review.
4. Pay the exam fees. After receiving the required information, the State Board will issue your Authorization to Test (ATT) to the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA). You will receive a Notice to Schedule (NTS) which is good for six months; however, since every third month is non-testing, the NTS covers four testing months.
5. Schedule your exam. Your NTS allows you to start scheduling your exams. You can sit for the exam parts in any sequence so you can plan your reviews to coincide with your exam scheduling. The most efficient approach is to sit for two parts in each exam window; however, exam fees paid for parts not taken are not refundable. Exam times are scheduled with Prometric and can be set up online at www.prometric.com/cpa. You can take the exam at a site in Baltimore, Bethesda, Columbia, Lanham, Salisbury, Towson. Woodlawn, or any other Prometric location that is convenient to you.
Key Exam Process Links for Maryland
Maryland CPA Exam Fees
Initial Application Fee: $60
Other fees: Re-exam fees same as initial fees