The International Qualification Exam (IQEX) is an examination for accounting professionals from other countries who wish to qualify as U.S. CPAs and whose professional bodies have entered into mutual recognition agreements (MRAs) with the U.S accounting profession.
The NASBA/AICPA International Qualifications Appraisal Board (IQAB) has currently established MRAs with the following professional bodies:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Canada, Mexico, and United States Memorandum of Understanding
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (formerly the Irish Institute of Chartered Accountants)
- Instituto Mexican de Contadores Publicos
- New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
The IQEX is one, three hour exam, Regulation. The content outline for this exam is the same outline for the Regulation portion of the U.S. CPA Examination, and consists of the following topics:
- Ethics, Professional, and Legal Responsibilities 15% – 19%
- Business Law 17% – 21%
- Federal Tax Process, Procedures, Accounting, and Planning 11% – 15%
- Federal Taxation of Property Transactions 12% – 16%
- Federal Taxation of Individuals 13% – 19%
- Federal Taxation of Entities 18% – 24%
The exam consists of four sections:
- Testlet One- 24 multiple choice questions
- Testlet Two – 24 multiple choice questions
- Testlet Three – 24 multiple choice questions
- Testlet Four – 6 task-based simulations, including a research question
IQEX is offered during the first and second month of every testing window:
- January – February
- April – May
- July – August
- October – November
The application for the IQEX is available online at https://iqex.nasba.org/. The application fee is $835.00 USD. Once your application is processed, you will receive a NTS (Notice to Schedule). The NTS is valid for 6 months. Candidates can schedule the IQEX at Prometric once the NTS is received.
Surgent CPA Review’s Regulation Section can prepare you for the IQEX exam.
If you have additional questions, please email us at at email@example.com or call us at 1-877-387-2821.